Live it. Dream it [~*Vintage^Dream*~]
.|.the.TALKS.|.


Wednesday, February 07, 2007
best table topics

Yes! Finally after 3 months of waiting, my sis and I finally handed the cheque to the Toastmasters Club Bukit Batok CC's treasurer and we are officially members!

My sis and I were bent on eliminating our weaknesses in making "bimbotic statements" that shock the interviewers and hence this explains the reasons why we want to join TMC. In TMC, there's 2 categories of speech- the Table Topics and the Prepared Speeches.

Table Topics are impromtu topics, i.e. the volunteer draws a topic and start the speech immediately. In contrast, for Prepared Speeches, there were Project 1 to 10, with Project 1 named "The Ice breaker" and Project 10, the highest level, is named "Inspire Your Audience".

Anyway, my sis and I have so much fun in TMC as the people there are very friendly and encouraging.. It helps that Ken Toh (Ex-CAC Impressario In-charge) was a member too and he bridge us with all the members there..

Today also sparked our maiden speech!! *gasp* My sis and I spontaneously join the Table Topics and we had to give 1 min speech immediately.. Mind you, the topics are quite controversial and not easy.. lol

Wz's topic was "What will you give Dr. Mahathir for V-DAY?".. Mine was "Financial Tips offered by Jeva. (Workers' Party)"

Hmm.. not knowing who Jeva was, I went on telling the audience 3 financial tips (thank god I got some basic knowledge).. haha I said "Don't put all the eggs in one basket", "Health is the greatest wealth" and "Be courageous and make the first step"


I was surprised that I was voted the "Best Table Topic" Yeah!!! So happy :) good achievement and great headstart for my journey in TMC...

.|. fangrui .|. 11:20 PM

.|.aBouT.me.|.

Capricorn
Nanyang Biz School
Likes Dancing, Swimming
Visit all the beach in the world
.|.the.VINTAGE.past.|.

.August 2005.September 2005.October 2005.November 2005.December 2005.January 2006.February 2006.March 2006.April 2006.May 2006.June 2006.July 2006.August 2006.September 2006.October 2006.November 2006.December 2006.January 2007.February 2007.March 2007.April 2007.May 2007.June 2007.July 2007.August 2007.September 2007.October 2007.November 2007.December 2007.January 2008.February 2008.March 2008.April 2008.May 2008.June 2008.July 2008.August 2008.September 2008.October 2008.November 2008.December 2008.January 2009.February 2009.April 2009.May 2009.June 2009.August 2009.October 2009

.|.Blog Rolls.|.

* yanting |
* angel |
* siaowen |
* kaiting |
* Bain |
* peiqi |
* huishi |
* bei yi |
* weiqiang |
* wanzhen |
>* jingling |


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com