Live it. Dream it [~*Vintage^Dream*~]
.|.the.TALKS.|.


Saturday, February 07, 2009
ox year

Yesterday was my 1st experience to "BAI TAI SHUI"
Right after my presentation at 1pm, I went over with my colleagues to a 104 year old Temple at Tanjong Pagar.

Quite amused to see my Team Leader, being so pro in the temple rituals. Kudoos to him.

First, I went over to the registration counter. The Uncle will ask standard question like what is your name, age, birthday, time of birth and whether you are married or not. I told him " Yes I am married"

Then, paused for awhile coz I am legally and not traditionally married. Will the TAI SHUI GOD recognize my marriage anot.

So I ask the Uncle "R.O.M counted anot?"

And he burst out laughing " Of course counted lahz.. already recognized by Singapore LAW. Your meimeis are laughing at you", pointing to kailing and peishan.
In actual fact, they are both older by me..haha so amusing.

Next, is Cheeyong's turn.
Uncle: "How old are you?"
CY: "I am 35 years old"
Uncle: "Married?"
CY: "Not Yet"
Uncle "Oh nevermind, still young, got chance"

Haha..the Uncle EQ is very good.

After all that commotion, we paid $7 for the incense paper, joss sticks, Divine tibits etc. Then, we proceed to queue and pray to the TAI SHUI GOD

***************

Reason why I need to pray this year is that I have encountered Little Misfortunes since Ox Year begins.

I lost my Driving Licence, the strap of my heels broke, my colleague got so excited about LO HEI that she spilled the cup of tea in my direction and many more...

But the Greatest Catalyst is...

I was informed by my Unit Head that I am nominated as the Group Heads' Secretary!!!!!

OMG!!!! I was overwhelmed by shock and awe that my face was flushed.
This is a mega challenging job, need to take minutes, follow up on all the Unit Heads Action plans and absorb the occassional Arrows

My team added salt to my wound by teasing me "GONG XI GONG XI"

I took the next 2 hours calming down and changed my thoughts. It's a positive experince afterall :D

I will face this new role with a SMILE
And Take Arrows with my OPEN ARMS

How lucky. I didn't even win the $10 million TOTO draw
******************************


Tomorrow I am flying off to TAIWAN for my Marriage Leave that expires on 14 Feb 09.




happy vday peeps :D



.|. fangrui .|. 12:27 PM

.|.aBouT.me.|.

Capricorn
Nanyang Biz School
Likes Dancing, Swimming
Visit all the beach in the world
.|.the.VINTAGE.past.|.

.August 2005.September 2005.October 2005.November 2005.December 2005.January 2006.February 2006.March 2006.April 2006.May 2006.June 2006.July 2006.August 2006.September 2006.October 2006.November 2006.December 2006.January 2007.February 2007.March 2007.April 2007.May 2007.June 2007.July 2007.August 2007.September 2007.October 2007.November 2007.December 2007.January 2008.February 2008.March 2008.April 2008.May 2008.June 2008.July 2008.August 2008.September 2008.October 2008.November 2008.December 2008.January 2009.February 2009.April 2009.May 2009.June 2009.August 2009.October 2009

.|.Blog Rolls.|.

* yanting |
* angel |
* siaowen |
* kaiting |
* Bain |
* peiqi |
* huishi |
* bei yi |
* weiqiang |
* wanzhen |
>* jingling |


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com